Better Understanding Garden Science
To better understand nature, the
relationships necessary for the growth of plants and where plants fit into the
cycle of life.News and Resources
Go ahead and click here to learn more about the program from a nooby's point of view. We'd love to have you come join our community as a volunteer - you'll be glad you did!
- Be our Friend! Not to be needy, but we are looking for Facebook Friends. We have our own page set up, so search "Brittan Acres Elementary BUGS" from your Facebook page or follow THIS LINK to our page. We welcome our community to post items of BUGSY interest and keep the conversation thriving!
- BUGS Blog thing arrives. You knew we were going to do it one day, didn't you? Click "Blog Thing" to get the latest scoop.
- We'll be "Twittering" before you know it! OK, so we ARE tweeting, or twooting, - follow the BUGStwits at twitter.com. The URL is: http://twitter.com/BUGStwits
- Get yer BUGS on! Be THE coolest volunteer in town. Really. Join the fashion leaders and buy your BUGS themed schwag here. Have fun and get some cool buttons for the kids. $3.00 of every item purchased goes to the PTA (who generously picks up most of the BUGS tab.)
- Eeek! I'm not a teacher! Feeling nervous about playing teacher to a group of kids? It comes naturally to some, but can be a source of anxiety to others. See the "How to do it page" for tips on working with students, how to optimize the BUGS experience for you and your students, and more, so much more!
New to BUGS this season:
- Have you used the new Media Cart? IT's fabulous, and easy. Just roll the cart and TV to your room (do take care the TV doesn't topple), plug in the power cord, retrieve the microscope from the cart cabinet, connect the cord to the microscope and you are ready to go! You can focus it on anything- plant parts, insects, soil- and the enlarged image shows up on screen. Lots of fun and a great tool!
- Pay it forward - Help us build a better BUGS by sharing your wisdom with those that will follow in your footsteps. Find out here.
- Hit the ground running - Learn from the wisdom of those who've already taught your upcoming session. What works, what doesn't?